RE: [beagleboard] Cloud9 Blank White Screen

I just tried with my version of Firefox and it worked fine.

My version is: 18.0.2

Hope this helps

I tried updating both FireFox and Chrome, with no changes. Anybody else have any ideas?

I tried updating both FireFox and Chrome, with no changes. Anybody else have
any ideas?

Have you tried deleting all cookies?

Thanks, but I tried that, and still no love. I tried to pull it up on my wife’s laptop, and got the white screen. So far, the only real difference I can come up with is that my work machine is 64 bit, while the home computers are 32 bit.

An update: I tried again on my work computer, and now it is also getting the white screen, so it looks like it is something on the bone causing the problem. That said, I am about to move on, since I never planned on using BoneScript for my project anyways.

Sorry to reboor this thread, but the same problem occured on my Bone. I have been working on it locally last week and since then I can’t access it from my laptop anymore. I’m kind of at a loss here, because I do need the rmote connection every once in a while. It seems that it is indeed a problem on the Bone itself.

I’m using a BeagleBone Black rev C, with stock Debian and cloud9. Before last week I had no problem what so ever…
For the record… I do see the Cloud9 logo popping up in my (remote) browser for a few secs and afterwards the screen goed blank. The tab does show Cloud9 with the logo. Owh… and I can still access it via PuTTY, so it’s not the connection itself.

Any idea’s???

I’m also seeing the exact problem you mention. This seems to have happened to us both within the last 24 hours. I think it must involve some 3rd party server that is called from a client-side script. Please see my comment below that I posted on another support site.

The two of you, may have to seek help from the maintainer of cloud9.

I’m trying to address this to the Cloud9 community HERE.

Thanks for the effort and keeping us up to date. I just saw that the solution is to simply install the latest Debian image… sometimes to most brilliant solutions are the best. :wink:

Knowing this… can I install the latest image without losing data? Or will it wipe my entire system?

Thanks for the effort and keeping us up to date. I just saw in your link that the solution is to simply install the latest Debian image… sometimes the most brilliant solutions are the best. :wink:

Knowing this… can I install the latest image without losing data? Or will it wipe my entire system? (I’m preparing it for a demonstration… whould be a shame if I need to reinstall everything :wink: )

Thanks again… :slight_smile:

You will need to reinstall everything after updating the image. Knowing it’s a version issue though, you may be able to update the Cloud9 package on your machine and it might solve the problem. I’m not sure how this is done though. Check the Cloud9 docs.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cloud9-installer

Regards,

I’ll add myself as a third person who experienced the same white screen with Cloud9 via Chrome over the weekend. However, I switched to Firefox and was able to work without any issue. So I thought it may have been an update to Chrome that caused the issue. I haven’t updated the BBB recently.

I’ll try updating cloud 9 this evening.

I've been able to reproduce this error. It showed up first on the
early builds of Chrome, but it now seems to have leaked into their
production releases. It seems they've added some code that generates
an exception that older versions of Chrome didn't produce. The issue
only seems to show up for me when I don't have an Internet connection.
Hopefully the cloud9 update fixes it, but seeing the issue is
wide-spread, I'll try a bit harder to track down a reliable resolution
to it.

So far the cloud9 update is not working for me. I get an “unable to locate package cloud9-installer”-error. I’ve been searching for other ways, but nothing of real use and/or not willing to take the risk at the moment. I’ll be sure to try FireFix again though, maybe that’ll be a good temp fix for me. Hope to see it working with Chrome again though. Glad to hear it is being adressed. :slight_smile: I’ll be sure to keep monitoring this thread in case another solution arises.

cloud9 master seems a little more broken on chrome then firefox:

chrome: random white text:
firefox: gui shows up, but un-usable...

cd /opt/cloud9/build/

wget http://rcn-ee.homeip.net:81/farm/testing/c9-core_3.0.1+git20150522-build.tar.xz

rm -rf standalonebuild

tar xf c9-core_3.0.1+git20150522-build.tar.xz

(reboot)

May 26 17:06:53 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: Authentication is required
when not running on localhost.
May 26 17:06:53 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: Please use -a user:pass or
--listen localhost to listen locally.
May 26 17:06:53 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: switching to localhost
May 26 17:06:55 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: LISTEN_FDS = 1
May 26 17:06:55 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: Connect server listening
at http://127.0.0.1:3000
May 26 17:06:55 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: CDN: version standalone
initialized /opt/cloud9/build/standalonebuild/build
May 26 17:06:56 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: Started
'/opt/cloud9/build/standalonebuild/configs/standalone' with config
'standalone'!
May 26 17:06:57 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: Error: write EPIPE
May 26 17:06:57 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: at errnoException (net.js:905:11)
May 26 17:06:57 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: at Object.afterWrite (net.js:721:19)
May 26 17:06:58 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: events.js:72
May 26 17:06:58 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
May 26 17:06:58 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: ^
May 26 17:06:58 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: Error: spawn ENOENT
May 26 17:06:58 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: at errnoException
(child_process.js:1011:11)
May 26 17:06:58 beaglebone cloud9ide[4680]: at
Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:802:34)

To recover:

sudo apt-get install c9-core-installer --reinstall

Which will reinstall "c9-core_3.0.1+git20150306-build.tar.xz"

git20150306 was one of the last node 0.10, before git master went 0.12
only. they have since allowed 0.10 again, so i've been trying to get
an update pushed.

Regards,

Before I forget… I do have the issue with an internet connection present. In my case it doesn’t seem to matter for both my laptop and the BBB.

Then you have a "really" old version, probably May 2014.

cat /etc/dogtag

and sorry, the actual package is now "c9-core-installer" as it's now
open source and no longer in a private repo..

Regards,

ps: updated images can be found here:

http://beagleboard.org/latest-images

Regards,