RE: [beagleboard]

The dist’s have them in the package managers. Ubuntu and debian are apt and angstrom is opkg.

Off the top of my head
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg libavformat-dev libcvaux2.1 libcv2.1 libhighgui2.1 libcv-dev libcvaux-dev libhighgui-dev

Can’t quite remember opkg package names but you need to finishes the install of with a package that links the libraries. Let me know if need it for angstrom and i’ll find the package names.

opkg install xxx

Troy

Another way is to follow these instructions:

http://ozbots.org/opencv-installation/

thank you for ur reply

But

I have a problem in cross compiling opencv program.

i first cross compiled a program without using cv library by following ways

1: downloaded arm-2009q1-203-arm-none-linux-
gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu(1).tar.bz2
2:extracted and installed it
3: PATH="/home/windows/Downloads/arm-2009q1/bin:$PATH" on PC
4:and then cross compiled using arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc hello.c on PC
5:./hello on Beagle Board
it worked

in this way i am able to cross compile

in the same way i tried to do on opencv programs using following steps.

1: PATH="/home/windows/Downloads/arm-2009q1/bin:$PATH"
2:sudo gedit build_all.sh
3:and changed the gcc and g++ instruction to arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc and arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++
4:then compiled using ./build_all.sh

i got the following errors

cc1plus: warning: include location “/usr/local/include” is unsafe for cross-compilation
/home/windows/Downloads/arm-2009q1/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/…/…/…/…/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: library search path “/usr/local/lib” is unsafe for cross-compilation
/home/windows/Downloads/arm-2009q1/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/…/…/…/…/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libopencv_core.so when searching for -lopencv_core
/home/windows/Downloads/arm-2009q1/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/…/…/…/…/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lopencv_core
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

can u please help me in cross compilation of opencv programs on PC

normal compilation without changing the build_all.sh will give me the output for opencv program