RE: Heap Warning on the BBBW, AdoptOpenJDK

Hello,

I am following along in a book currently. It is an older book about music, Python-Java-Jython mixtures, and it is a bit interesting. I lie! It is absolutely awesome. All for one tiny thing, I cannot get the source to work now on my BBBW!

So…here is the book and error when running specific source to listen to music I have made via these fellows’ programs.

:innocent:

Book First: “Making Music with Computers: Creative Programming in Python (Manaris & Brown 2014).”

Now, error on output when running furElise.py:

Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4096m
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

So, my idea here is that there is not enough memory at once to run this sort of program on the BBBW.

I am not a quizzer at heap stacks, sizes, or the like. I will read more and try to update this page later.

If you are wondering…

1. I am using adoptOpenJDK.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    a. java -version: “1.8.0_282”

Seth

P.S. Anyway, all support is welcome, even hate mail. Ha. Outside of silliness, I would like to build more programs on the BBBW before the gigantic, 64-bit super MECA comes out, i.e. BeagleV. So, if you know more about how heap sizes can affect the BBBW than I, please do consider making some advances if you are not too busy.

Okay…

So, it seems, and this is the truth, the command via sh jython.sh -i FileName.py runs java, literally. So, no further accessing on this idea needs to be attained unless you are interested.

I will keep working to update things as time flies.

Seth