RE: libtiopencl and not being able to update/upgrade!

Hello,

I am not sure if you or anyone you know has dealt w/ the libtiopencl1 issue and how it creates the system unable to update/upgrade w/ apt.

Anyway…

I dealt w/ this fellow online at the Freenode #beagle IRC. He let me know what libtiopencl1 and libopencl are not working well together. Those libraries are listed online if you need help identifying them.

Here is the supportive cmd:

`

sudo dpkg --force-all --purge libopencl1 && sudo apt --fix-broken install

`

Seth

P.S. This is all I know for now. If you are having similar issues w/ 4.14.x and those two specific libraries, this should help.

Hello Once More,

You may want to note, esp. if you are using bbx15, that these libs. are “needed.”

Seth

P.S. But for the BBB and the like, you can ultimately use this idea to adjust your board so that you can update and upgrade efficiently.

Hello Again,

And…

Add this cmd to get rid of libtiopencl1.

`
&& sudo apt purge libtiopencl1

`

Seth

P.S. This should have you updating and upgrading like new. Enjoy!

Actually no, libtiopencl1, contains TI’s vendor version of OpenCL for am5x parts. What ended up happening, id been installing TI OpenCL as libopencl for a years, but while bringing in TI Eve library and an updated opencv we needed to use the vendor neutral OpenCL icd. Thus libopencl1 went back to Debian normal and libtiopencl1 came out for TI.

Yes it was a mess, but going forward it’s proper.

Regards,

Hello,

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. I will most likely point out more items as time passes.

Seth

P.S. This is a good point of reference for me, i.e. “point and accuse.”

Thanks for your post. I was experiencing the same.