Reading ADC with both PRUs

Walter, Thank you so much!!!

To see what it takes all laid out in a single concise listing is awesome.

You are welcome. Remember, it’s written by a guy who was not an expert, not even intermediate, probably at the time. In my experience, I think there is an information gap to help neophytes get going. Yoder’s Cookbook is great, and I also found Molloy’s book and website to be very helpful.

I’m busy getting real work done on the ARM controller using the TI SDK JTAG and CCS . Sorry no time for PRUS there’s plenty of documents on using these TI tool’s I mentioned. Mention those in here and you get a silence. As far as a hoot. Asking for help in this Ghost Town GOOD Luck :thinking::yawning_face::joy::joy::crossed_fingers::+1:. It looks dead to me. If you don’t have the background on bare metal ARM or CCS or JTAG now you wanna cook book on PRU now that’s a hoot :joy::kick_scooter::beer::ghost::bulb:

Mark!!! What’s Up!!! It’s been a while… Glad to hear you are still flipping bits. :grinning:

So, I have to ask, What SoC and What JTAG pod are you using???

Glad to hear you are getting some rubber on the road and getting work done… I am pretty much sitting here spinning my wheels :cowboy_hat_face:. I am going to take your advice and stay as far away from the PRUs as possible. Right now, I’m learning about device tree overlays. Working with the BBIA-64, Mikro Cape, and the Click ADC 18. Trying to get a baremetal real-time sampling loop running on an R5 core streaming data over to the A72 cores. Wish me luck :crossed_fingers:.

Fred

Fred

I like the AM64-SK. It’s got built in JTAG. Support for high end Lauterbach
The TI SDK support’s RTOS, no RTOS, freertos. Linux and maybe TI RTOS.
PRU are available as hardware acceleration
2 to 4 R5 coprocessor
Dual core A55 uses rproc to load PRU or R5.

For ML you would probably want a AM62x

I’ll clarify my opinion

PRU good for hardware acceleration
For coprocessing use R5 CCS and JTAG get code working then let A55 load up your code and debug using printf

With AM62x TI gives you the best platform and the SDK is phenomenal

Mark,

Thanks for the information and the technical guidance.

I kind of intuitively understood your opinion on the new SoC architecture with the R5 coprocessor but, it is good to see it clarified. – I imagine I will venture into the PRU world someday but, only when the need arises.

I ordered the TI SK-AM64B today :grinning: …before I read your comment about the AM62x. Now I need to learn about that one too!!! :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile:

Hi Fred
I think you are good also maybe a AM64 bone will happen some day. It’s good to have the Bone community HW as well as at least one TI EVM( onboard jtag) IMO. Both HW have advantages. The AM62X SDK has some CCS tutorials. These can be applied to any SoC. CCS and Trace32 are very powerful but not open source. CCS is free. I’m all about having the best tools it doesn’t bother me it’s proprietary after all so are microcontrollers :wink:.
I’m glad you get it most people didn’t but IMO preaching to an audience already indoctrinated to a religion( open source everything) is futile.
Best wishes
Mark