Receive on UART2?

Has anyone gotten UART2 to work? So far I've figured out -

-The B5 HRW has some pins swapped. I can see TX (pin 6) transitioning, so I know I have that right, but I'm not 100% on RX (pin 8?).

-The PADCONF registers need to be adjusted - I believe mode 1, with INPUTENABLE on RX.

With TX connected to RX:

-Switching the pins to GPIO, I can see the value of TX on RX

-/proc/tty/driver/serial shows a lot of tx bytes but no rx bytes

I haven't dived into the UART registers yet - I've been assuming they are okay because the kernel code appears to be setting all the uarts up in a loop, and the TX response seems to indicate it is okay. That may be the next step, however.

JustinLove wrote:

-The PADCONF registers need to be adjusted - I believe mode 1, with INPUTENABLE on RX.

A little progress: you also have to disable UART2 mode on alternate PADCONF registers, and one set is enabled by default. Having multiple pins configured as TX seemed to work, but RX was either taking the wrong signal, or getting some odd electrical combination of the two pins. It worked when I switched to GPIO mode because it wasn't sharing function any more ;^)

I've still got some communication errors that I'm investigating, but theres a good chance that it's my application.