Received Beaglebone AI - off and running

I received my Beaglebone AI and today I started playing with it to ensure I get to the baseline running scenario. Pretty easy to get up and running, updated, etc… The classifier was ok… It seems to really like “water bottle.” I now need to expand the classification.

The fan that I’m using provides a low volume flow and seems to be quite sufficient. The heat sink remains cool to the touch.

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1875.jpeg

Here’s a link to a recent project I made for element14.com that has some code you can leverage as well as other goodies:

https://www.element14.com/community/community/project14/visionthing/blog/2019/10/20/seeing-around-corners-beagle-bone-back-up-car-camera-part-1-introduction

Seab

Perfect.

I initially looked at the line numbers for the index, but didn’t notice that I was off by one.

It still indicated ‘ping-pong_ball’ for the golf_ball, but it did indicate golf_ball just just prior to ‘ping-pong_ball’. So I just eliminated ping-pong_ball from the array. Now it indicates:
(574)=golf_ball - the overlay does not print it though

I’m just glad it recognizes it as a golf_ball.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.44.15 PM.jpg

I then changed one of the entries to:
selected_items[8] = 954; /* banana */

It indicated ‘banana’ and displayed the overlay.
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.41.13 PM.jpg

Thanks for the assist… I’ll keep digging in and I’ll have this all figured out soon enough. Then I’ll share whatever tidbits that might be helpful to others too.