Reliability issues and standoff warning

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the problems that I have. I have had three bones fail so far. The first and third ones lost their ability to boot. The first one, I had up and running with a development environment, emacs, jetty, etc. Then it started flashing a couple of the green leds at me and was no longer on the net. I returned that one to the vendor and got a new one, b2. b2 started working and then stopped. After careful examination, my friend noticed that r150 was gone. As it turns out, there are a couple of resistors that are very close to the mounting holes. So close that a standard hex standoff will not fit in the hole. So, be warned: do not use standard standoffs on the bone (the xM is fine with them). The third one came doa. I tried running Angstrom, Ubuntu and Agora, all to no avail. I borrowed a known good Angstrom card from a friend and that would not boot b3.

I realize that I am a descendant of Joe Btfsplk. But I am just wondering if I am alone in this boat or if others have seen similar problems. And, does anyone have any idea of how long it takes a bone to come back from hospital?

Thanks,

wjr

You send an RMA request and a board will go back to you that day.

Gerald

Thanks for the heads up! I'm using nylon standoffs and so got away with it, but upon inspection I could easily have lost c100, r189, and r150. Noting this someplace in the getting started docs might save a lot of hassle in the long run...

Steve

I will update the SRM with a warning…

Gerald