Remote Display with BeagleBone Black

Hi all,

We needed to implement a Remote Display in Beaglebone black with Debian Jessie image.

For that I proceeded as per the link http://eionix.blogspot.in/2015/02/remote-access-your-beaglebone-black.html.

And whatever displayed in BBB local HDMI desktop is displayed in the remote laptop display also.

As per the link mentioned above, we have to use the following command in BBB(act as vnc server).

x11vnc -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -forever

And in remote laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, we have run the command

vinagre 192.168.7.2::5900.

But when I run my GUI application with startx command(and applications will be called from the file ~/.xinitrc), the applications appear on local BBB display, but it is not coming on Remote Laptop Display. Remote Display shows only the previous Desktop of BBB.

I think, it is showing the desktop, because of the X Authority file /var/run/lightdm/root/:0. When we execute startx, the display manager used is /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager. What should be the X Authority file for
x-window-manager, that I should place in x11vnc command, for the remote display of my application?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks & Regards,
Sajeevan.K

Hi all,

Remote Display finely working for desktop. I need to work it for display with x-window-manager also. Any comments …
Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks & Regards,
Sajeevan.K