i loved the idea of making a precise seismometer for the worldwide earthquake catcher network which
has many active real time nodes presently in different continents to detect earthquake and its after
shocks for rescue and future research purposes.
i talked to on IRC and came up with some conclusions-
not only the project will update the quake cather network servers with the data but also
host a web server for controlling seismometer node remotely through internet
it will not only show live plots on the web browser but will also give other
temp, humidity, pressure data. along with options to configure the sensors remotely.
I will not use bonescripts i2c terminal as it is found to be slow for real-time data
A nice idea suggested by is the use of FFT transform to show live plots
in frequency domain as well… (working on that one for now)
so the project will include working with -
- creating a node.js web server to communicate with the clients online request.
- creating html file with python graph plots to show the in the clients web browser.
- to work with the accelerometer- in high accuracy
- to integrate other sensors as well.
- send data to the quake catcher servers in the given specifications and format.
- Use FFT transform to show the graph plots in frequency domain as well to client in real time.
what are your views on it ?. What furthur can be added? … am I missing on something?
and other mentors as well…