Remove all files from /media/BEAGLEBONE

Well, there is one more option I can think of. You would need a sdcard with some form of Linux on it, so you could reverse your changes back to the way they were.

I would be very careful if you go this route, and make absolutely positive you document each step as you do it. So you know how to fix it if and when it comes time.

i re-read this…

I can ofcourse connect to BB using either mini usb or ethernet - thats not a problem.

Here is my case :

• While I have the bbb to configure, I can do anything that i want with it… changing configs etc… eventually, I give it to my end user , with a preloaded app, that runs and generates some reports.
  • who will just use the miniusb to collect some reports from that port.

I cannot have alternate mechanisms to send deliver these reports - its just how it is :confused:

Going through g_multi options…

g_mass_storage is probably where you will find most of your documentation concerning the mass storage portion of that device driver.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/usb/mass-storage.txt

If this seems confusing I understand. But essentially g_multi provides drivers for

1. g_ether
  2. g_serial
  3. g_mass, or g_mass_storage.

All in one driver. Since only one gadget driver can be loaded at any one time.

Hi,

I throw away Angstrom and moved to Gentoo after a few updates
complete scrambled Angstrom…
Consider to boot from SDcard, because it can be “edited”
via an USB cardreader on the PC and can be replaced if
weared out (flash has a limited count of write cycles).
If the internal flash is damaged, you a solder iron,
VERY good eyes and a very very steady hand…

Only my two cents,…

Best
Meino

I Actually ( personally ) have my rootfs on an NFS share . . . seems to be too difficult for most I guess. For me however it is great because I have 2-3 way to get at my root file system. At this moment my BBB has 147GB unused space this way :wink:

I do agree though. Development should not be done on the eMMC.

Anyway long passed my bed time, and I’ll be traveling tomorrow. Good luck !

thanks ! I am reading through it