Running /var/lib/cloud9/examples/extras/simulator

I’m attempting to learn the /var/lib/cloud9/examples/extras/simulator/
My assumption is that if I have this running correctly the LEDs will flash the board, or I can click the LEDs to flash the board LEDs?
[… time passes…]
I think that (wishful) assumption was wrong. Perhaps it’s doing what it should when I launch it in a separate browser and fix up the path and address. However should I be able to run it from within cloud9 with just a press of the run arrow? See below for error log. Where might I define ‘undefined’ re: the host address in the url when I click run?

Is there possibly some documentation for the examples, and extras? I’ve reviewed the Bonescript at oscon 2012 slides, but could use a little more depth.

versions…
root@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9/examples/extras/simulator# uname -a Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone68 #1 SMP Sat Nov 22 02:12:03 UTC 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux root@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9/examples/extras/simulator# cat /etc/dogtag BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2014-12-31 root@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9/examples/extras/simulator# node -v v0.10.29 root@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9/examples/extras/simulator# php -v (had to apt-get install php5) PHP 5.4.36-0+deb7u1 (cli) (built: Dec 31 2014 09:07:08) Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies root@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9/examples/extras/simulator#

I’ve tried clicking run, and also run with->node.js resulting in

Starting PHP built-in web server, serving https://undefined/examples/extras/simulator/index.html. [Thu Jan 15 02:38:02 2015] PHP Warning: Unknown: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in Unknown on line 0 [Thu Jan 15 02:38:02 2015] Failed to listen on :3000 (reason: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)

I tried running it from another browser window (chrome) fixing up the url http://192.168.1.162/examples/extras/simulator/index.html which brings up the card simulated image, I F12’ed debugged it a bit. Seems to be running.

As to the wishful thinking is there a HelloWorld example of html, javascript and bonescript demonstrating clicking a button and lighting a light? Press the html button light the physical LED and/or press a physical button and light the html LED?

Hi Jeff,

it seems that you are trying to run the examples with apache and php.
This will not work. The examples and cloud9 IDE are a different world: Instead of running a server like apache and then running php scripts at a request, with node.js they go a comlete different way:

node.js is serverside javascrip and also the server itself. Yes, you write your own server in javascript. The concept of your software will be complete different from the old webserver<->php paradigma.

I suggest to visit the node.js webpage for a better understanding: http://nodejs.org/.

[whisper:on] I bought some eBooks about node.js and I would share them with you (to your email account) [whisper:off]