SDIO interrupts on BeagleBoard

Does anyone know the status of SDIO on BeagleBoard? I tried enabling SDIO card interrupts, and adding the appropriate handler code to Omap_hsmmc.c, but what I see is that as soon as the enable bit is set, I get an interrupt that causes a softlockup in the kernel. I'm using the 2.6.27 kernel, but looked at the latest 2.6.29 kernel and saw a comment added to the effect that card interrupts are not yet supported. I found some TI release notes for the OMAP base port v25.5 that indicate that interrupts are supported, but looking at the GIT repository tag for that release, I don't see any code to handle interrupts. Later versions of the release notes have no mention of SDIO card interrupt support.

I've seen questions about this on the TI forum, with no answers, and have seen posts from others with the same issue, with no resolution.

Is there a way to escalate this issue within TI? I'd at least like to know if this is a hardware errata, so I can pursue other methods of working around the problem.

Thank you,

-Howard