Setting up beaglebone black wifi with a network that requires a login (user name + pw)

Hi,

I’ve been able to successfully setup wifi on my beaglebone black for my home network.

However, I’d like to be able to set it up on my school network (i’m a teacher).

However, at my school, when you connect to the internet, you must open a webpage and enter a log on and password. They you can establish connectivity.

Does anyone know how to set up my configuration to do this?

Thanks- Chris

Are you connecting the monitor/keyboard to your BBB? If so, just run the browser, and log in. If you want to avoid this step, you could analyze the structure of the page your school uses to log in, and write scripts to submit the URL response that would match what your school expects from the browser session. One way to do that would be to run a firefox session with the Network scanner from the Web Developer plugin, look at the traffic it reports, and replicate it using e.g. curl.

There are several ways to automate the login, none is very easy though.

You could use lynx (or another text mode browser) to do it, lynx has a
learn mode that allows you to record a sequence of web page clicks etc.

You *might* be able to automate it using wget.

Finally there's a little script/app that can do it with some types of
system (not sure if your school wifi is like this), see:-
    http://www.manatlan.com/page/autowifi

Christopher,

Have, you tried talking with the schools network admin - to see what your options are ? There is probably a good chance that he / she knows how to do what you ask. Buy him or her lunch or something :wink: