SSH'ing to BeagleBone Black via usb gadget takes ages

Hello there,
On my BeagleBone Black I am using the console Debian image version:

Linux beaglebone 4.1.9-ti-r20 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 2 05:35:56 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

When trying to connect to the board via ssh using the usb ethernet gadget it takes ages, and sometimes it doesnt even work- just hangs and I have to ctrl+c. When I am lucky and i do get connected, its really buggy. Letters are appearing in the console after a while. Connecting through standard ethernet connector works flawlesly.
Is there a way to fix this? I would apreciate all help!

Don’t have an answer but I’ve been playing with a variety of BBB images thes past few days and on some the gadget works fine and others it doesn’t.

What I find most curious is the exact same SD card booted on my BBG works fine, but the gadget doesn’t work when booted on my A5A BBB. A wired Ethernet always seems to work.

I think the driver is “flakey” with respect to hardware variations.

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I have two BBB with different OS, one is
`

Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone70 #1 SMP Fri Jan 23 02:15:42 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
`

and the other one is

Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone79 #1 SMP Tue Oct 13 20:44:55 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

the first one connects perfectly fine with ssh anytime, the second one sometimes doesn’t connect, then when I press the reset button and it reboots, it works fine again.

In general, once I am connected and I do a “sudo reboot” I can’t connect anymore and have to manually reset it in order to get it to work again.

Is there any way to fix that? Update drivers? Any ideas?