Super Dumbbutt Move

Hello I started to this procedure to connect my bbb to the internet through my computer.

https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/blogs/how-to-connect-a-beaglebone-black-to-the-internet-using-usb#:~:text=You%20now%20need%20to%20share,connection”%2C%20then%20click%20ok.

I ran

sudo /sbin/route add default gw 192.168.7.1

on the bbb (debian)

Now I can only connect to the device through wifi. I lost my usb connection. I tried to remove the default

sudo /sbin/route del default gw 192.168.7.1

but that didn’t help.

I would like the bbb to get the internet through the wifi and connect to my computer through the usb connection.

Here is what I used the last time I tested it. the ‘–in-interface’ value will be machine specific.
fyi, copy paste messes with ‘-’ and ‘–’

required on BBB

echo “nameserver 8.8.8.8” | sudo tee /etc/resolv.conf
sudo route add default gw 192.168.7.1

Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop

sudo iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface enp0s25 -j MASQUERADE
sudo iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface enxb0d5cccd8ab8 -j ACCEPT
echo 1 | sudo tee /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Hope it helps,

Have you configured the Wi-Fi interface on your Windows host to share the connection with the USB one connected to the BB. Note, usually when you set this, it changes the Windows USB IP to a different value and you have to change it back to 192.168.7.1. Also, I have run into situations where I ended up having to disable the sharing on the Wi-Fi connection and then enable it again, especially if I had used it for another BB or similar device.

Cheers,

Jon