the GUI in Ubuntu 13.01 doest start Automatically

After installing ubuntu 13.01 and booting it up im only able to get a terminal type screen on the BBB HDMI o/p. How do I start the GUI like in any other deskop version of Ubuntu?

After installing ubuntu 13.01 and booting it up im only able to get a terminal type screen on the BBB HDMI o/p. How do I start the GUI like in any other deskop version of Ubuntu?

You install it… The image is generic for everyone…

sudo apt-get install xyzdesktop

I saved this page in order to carefully read it and try later.
Actually I'm going to install and configure more other basic things.

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:Installing_LXDE#LXDE_On_A_Micro_SD_with_Debian_Wheezy

regards

After installing ubuntu 13.01 and booting it up im only able to get a
terminal type screen on the BBB HDMI o/p. How do I start the GUI like in
any other deskop version of Ubuntu?

I saved this page in order to carefully read it and try later.
Actually I'm going to install and configure more other basic things.

Beagleboard:Installing LXDE - eLinux.org

And feel free to update the content if there are mistakes.

none of these GUIs worked. I tried many GUIs. At the end after a couple of hours of unpacking it gets freezed. BBB after freezed doest continue to work. Keyboard numlock doest work etc.

Some GUIs come to the point to sign in, but gets freezed after entering the credentials.

After I was so frustrated with Ubuntu and having a GUI in it, I tried to install Angstrom on it. but the Angstrom images are too not working. I am using the win32diskimager to write to the SD card using Windows7.

Observations :

I can successfully install ubuntu and get it to work with the terminal. However I cannnot get any GUI installed to the SD. I understand that I cannot install a GUI to the EMMC because its only 2GB but my SD is 8GB. I even tried changing the SD no change was observed.

Where can we find the original Angstrom image that it ships with?

any help would be so much appreciated.
a frustrated.