This beaglebone is dead jim

Hey there. Pretty sure my BeagleBone Black is dead but it would be good if someone could confirm. I got it in an OpenROV kit along with an arduino board for controlling motors and other stuff. Everything worked fine for a few days, but then the whole thing stopped responding. I hadn’t really looked closely at the BBB prior to this, so I don’t know if any of the LEDs on the board were lighting up when running but I would assume so. Anyway to troubleshoot the problem I connected the BBB itself to a USB cable from my computer which should power the board but… nothing. No LEDs come on. Not even the power LED over by the 5V power supply connector (which I am not using).

Is there something else I should try? Any diagnostics I could run? Or key points on the PCB where I should check voltage levels? I don’t have the 5V power supply so I’m sortof stuck with USB to power the card.

Just make sure the usb cable will charge a cell phone or any other device to make sure you have power.

Tim

http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Hardware_Files

Look for the System Reference Manuel that is the same revision as your board.

Gerald

Thanks guys. I’ve confirmed that the board was dead. Replaced it with a new board and life is good again. Also did give a quick read over the reference manual, which is quite helpful.