This topic needs a title

Hello

I’m trying to use a single SPI slave device on the BeagleBoard. It is my understanding that two of the SPI channels are present on the expansion board, but I was wondering if anyone has been successful in using the “spidev” driver. I am interested in simply receiving a byte from the slave device and processing the byte in userspace, but I am concerned regarding how the spidev driver has to be tweaked in order for it to work considering the OMAP3450 architecture. I’ve read the SPI section in the OMAP3450 manual, so I need to know if spidev provides the tools to configure the internal OMAP registers to set up the protocol as I hope to do.

Thank you,

Daniel A. Sosa
University of Texas at El Paso

Hello

I’m trying to use a single SPI slave device on the BeagleBoard. It is my understanding that two of the SPI channels are present on the expansion board, but I was wondering if anyone has been successful in using the “spidev” driver in order to access slave decices. I am interested in simply receiving a byte from the slave device and processing the byte in userspace, but I am concerned regarding how the spidev driver has to be tweaked in order for it to work considering the OMAP3450 architecture. I’ve read the SPI section in the OMAP3450 manual, so I need to know if spidev provides the tools to configure the internal OMAP registers to set up the protocol as I hope to do.

Thank you,

Daniel A. Sosa
University of Texas at El Paso