try to Build LCD7 cape

Hello
i try to build a LCD7 cape like this in the 4D systems
http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/22/138/Beagle_Bone_LCD_Capes/4DCAPE_70T/

in the section of the eeprom
where can i find this lcd eeprom file decription (or .bin file) to write it to my eeprom in my new cape ??
Thanks

To make my question clear , where can i find the 4DSystem LCD7 cape eeprom (Header,EEPROM Revision,…,Pin Usage,…)
is that file is private to the 4D System company ?

Thanks in advance

My suggestion would be to ask 4DSystems.

Gerald

Thanks for your replay
i try to ask them but there is no response up to now

Most of the data in the EEPROM are not used by the BBB. There are only 2 fields from what I read.
Would be easy to just buy yourself a 4DCAPE-70T from 4D Systems, or LCD7 from CircuitCo, and read out the EEPROM yourself. Unless that defeats the purpose and you want to build one without buying one.

i can’t buy one from 4D Systems or CircuitCo cause the Export operation to my country is so hard and cost me a lot of money, so if there is another way to find the eeprom contents that will be a good solution for me .

ok
if i had no eeprom in my LCD cape design, and connect my lcd to the BBB and open cap manager and echo the compiled device tree of my cap to the cape manager manually .
does it work ??

i know that the eeprom function is only to tell the BBB when i connect my cape to load the Overlay of my cape manager ,
so if i load the overlay to the cape manager manually my cape should work with out eeprom in cape design

ok
if i had no eeprom in my LCD cape design, and connect my lcd to the BBB and open cap manager and echo the compiled device tree of my cap to the cape manager manually .
does it work ??

i know that the eeprom function is only to tell the BBB when i connect my cape to load the Overlay of my cape manager ,
so if i load the overlay to the cape manager manually my cape should work with out eeprom in cape design

That is correct. You don’t need the eeprom, but you will have to load the overlay manually.

ok thanks.

i have 2 questions about some components in the scheme of the 4D System 7 inch screen

1- if i have a generator that produce about 20v for LCD Backlight(my lcd want 20 v for back light), should i build the back light circut that get 5 volts as input and amplify it to output ?

2-what is the function of the coil BEAD MLB-160808-0600A-N2 (L1) ?

Thanks in advance

ok thanks.

i have 2 questions about some components in the scheme of the 4D System 7 inch screen

1- if i have a generator that produce about 20v for LCD Backlight(my lcd want 20 v for back light), should i build the back light circut that get 5 volts as input and amplify it to output ?

Don’t use amplify,just need DC/DC.

2-what is the function of the coil BEAD MLB-160808-0600A-N2 (L1) ?

Just reduce the interference, EMC.

Thanks 4 every body help us
after a lot of works our lcd 7 works nice :slight_smile:
Thanks God