u boot serial issue

Hi Beagle bone black experts,
I have recently started to setup beagle bone black. Initially it was with great difficulty I was able to get ttl to usb cable.
Now I have setup where I can get serial logs in serial console application like teraterm.
I would explain my setup and then the real issue.

Setup:

BBB(TTL)-------->window7 pc(USB) (This will appear as com port comx)

BBB(mini UBS)-------> window7 USB(This will apear as com port comy)

Real issue:

Hi Beagle bone black experts,
I have recently started to setup beagle bone black. Initially it was with great difficulty I was able to get ttl to usb cable.
Now I have setup where I can get serial logs in serial console application like teraterm.
I would explain my setup and then the real issue.

Setup:

BBB(TTL)-------->window7 pc(USB) (This will appear as com port comx)

BBB(mini UBS)-------> window7 USB(This will apear as com port comy)

Real issue:

I connect TTL to window7 USB port and open serial console with comx.
Then I connect power supply using mini usb to window7 USB. I am not getting any serial logs from uboot which I wanted to stop at uboot prpmpt.
When I open comy port created by connecting mini USB to window7 USB serial logs from kernel I get.
Can some one tell how and what to enable to get logs from Uboot?

Serial log is on by default. Make sure you serial port parameters are setup as 115200,n,8. Don’t enable xon/xoff and disable DTS/RTS handshaking. This won’t stop the BBB from sending data, but it will prevent you from sending data back to the BBB. BTW, some of the tty-USB adapters don’t always work. I have a cheap one that didn’t work. The one recommended by BeagleBoard is the one I use and it works fine.

Regards,
John

Hi John,
Thanks for response.
So do you think that my ttl to USB is not working? if so then if we remove the ttl to USB no serial o/p on another com port created after connecting BBB USB power cable.
So in your case you are getting serial logs from com port created after connecting TTL-USB ?
Please explain in details your setup. please also let me know the link of the vendors for ttl-USB.
Thanks
Niraj

Hi John,
Thanks for response.
So do you think that my ttl to USB is not working? if so then if we remove the ttl to USB no serial o/p on another com port created after connecting BBB USB power cable.
So in your case you are getting serial logs from com port created after connecting TTL-USB ?
Please explain in details your setup. please also let me know the link of the vendors for ttl-USB.
Thanks
Niraj

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBone_Black_Serial
http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black

Regards,
John

Hi,
I am able to boot uboot. I can see uboot report No NAND device but suppose to be 2GB NAND device the Rev B boards?
Why it is reporting or not detecting NAND device. I think because of that reason I am not able to store any environment variables.
I am using uboot version:
<<<<<<U-Boot 2013.04-dirty (Jul 10 2013 - 14:02:53)
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Linaro GCC 4.7-2013.02-01) 4.7.3 20130205 (prerelease)
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.22>>>>>

This is new board barely 10 days used. If you can suggest or guide on this will be great help.

Thanks
Niraj

NAND =/= eMMC.. The RevB boards are shipped with 2GB of eMMC..

Regards,

Dear Robert,
Is it possible to update eMMC in the same way as we do it for Nand.
Like : read the MLO in ram address 0x82000000 then from RAM we can write into eMMC.

Please suggest interface used to do this. Putting into SD card partition and then flashing auto mode.

Please suggest if I can use

mmc erase blk count
mmc write addr #blk count.

Thanks
Niraj

"Maybe"... Give it a shot and let us know. I only use rsync as i
know it works and it's fast..

Regards,