ULCD7 Not working on Ubuntu

Good morning Robert,

I went ahead and downloaded your Oneiric Image, and here’s my output:

Can anyone help me with this issue? I’ve come so far in getting the ULCD7 working in Ubuntu. We’re initializing it as an input device but I haven’t gotten any further.

Is there some sort of package or support that I need to add in order to use that input as a touch device?

Or Robert, if you have a working image of Ubuntu with the ULCD7 touchscreen, can we use that?

Thanks,
William

"If" i had the touch screen driver working, 'it' would have already
been included in the image.. In v3.2.x/v3.4.x it responds to touch
events.. With v3.7.x for some reason it does not connect over i2c..

Regards,

HI Robert:

I’m using your latest image as well, and have the same issues. Just so I understand you right, rightnow, ulcd7 touchscreen support works in v3.2.x/3.4.x, and not after?

Thanks for all the good work, btw. You blog has given me many a restful night!

Cheers
N

Right now, the touchscreen device is being not responsive, with
anything beyond that:
[ 26.450286] tsc2007 2-0048: irq 0 busy?
[ 26.454467] tsc2007: probe of 2-0048 failed with error -22

We've tried a couple things, but no answer yet.. The screen works and
video is shown, just no "touch"..

Regards,

Robert:

Thanks for the response. I will lookout for further updates.

Thanks
N

Hi Robert,

Does the distribution you have at http://rcn-ee.net/deb/rootfs/precise/ubuntu-12.04-r9-minimal-armhf-2012-11-29.tar.xz include the touchscreen support?

When I boot up with that image, I have this message: “EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts: errors=remount-ro”

after logging into lxde, I opened a terminal and typed out “dmesg | grep input”; I do get one of the inputs as input: TSC2007 Touchscreen as /devices/virtual/input/input6.

But the actual touchscreen does not seem to work. Any pointers?

Cheers
N

Robert - is there any update? If not, I see the touchscreen works with the 3.2 kernel but the touch direction is swapped and inverted - if we move the stylus left, the cursor moves down etc. Any ideas?