Unable to locate package bb-customizations

Hello i am trying to install bb-customizations but it does not seem to be working. I tried the following commands:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install bb-customizations

However i get the following message:

Unable to locate package bb-customizations

Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks

HI @Frank_25 it should be pre-installed…

What image are you running?

Regards,

Hi @RobertCNelson
I am using debian 10 buster as my host which is where i tried to install the package. I wanted to install it so i can then add it to the OE build system and then install it on my beaglebone black with opkg install bb-customizations
My bbb is running the arago distribution

It’s a local debian package we build for the beagleboard.org repo, it’s not in debian’s main repo…

You can find the files here:

Regards,

Hi @RobertCNelson how would i install the bb-customizations package from that git repo on debian buster?. i am currently using this link as an example where they successfully cross compiled and install ffmpeg for a board running arago:
https://e2e.ti.com/support/processors-group/processors/f/processors-forum/646368/linux-ffmpeg-install-issue-on-am5728-evm

For the MACHINE environment variable they pass in ffmpeg as the target for bitmake, When the package is installed on my host would i reference the target as bb-customizations? Kind Regards,

Here’s some more info on that link i referenced earlier if your interested: Setting Up Build Environment - AragoWiki

Just git clone the repo, and copy the files directly into your rootfs…

Regards,