Unable to use Usb Keybaord on beagle_board_xM "u-boot / Kernel"

Dear Friends,

I am trying to use USB keyboard on beagle_board_xM on “u-boot 2011.12” but it does not powers ON. If i use ps/2 keyboard converted to usb connector, it justs lights up and goes off.
where as when i use Optical Mouse the lights keeps glowing…

Any one has tried this on beagle_board??
whether we can use Usb Keyboard on beagle board or not??
In case if it works either on u-boot/kernel please send the logs and suggest the working stack.

Any suggestion on above issues are always welcome.

Thanks & Regards
Atul Kumar

Hi Atul, what are you using as a power source? It may be the system isn’t getting enough power.

Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve…
I have connected Usb Keyboard directly to Usb-Hub located on the the board (beagle_board_xM)… I tried connecting with Externally Powered Usb Hub but now it even does not show in “usb info” but it shows in “usb tree”…

Any suggestion on issues are always welcome…

Thanks & Regards
Atul Kumar

Steve Mansfield-Devine <smd@webvivant.com> Jul 27 10:46AM +0200

Right, but what are you powering the 'Bone with? I haven’t had any problems with the 'Bone, but with the Raspberry Pi lots of people have had problems when using a 700mA or even 1A supply. The problems most often show themselves with flakey support of USB peripherals. So it’s important to make sure enough power is getting to the board.

@+
Steve

Hi Steve,

I have connected Usb Keyboard directly to Usb-Hub located on the the board (beagle_board_xM)… I tried connecting with Externally Powered Usb Hub but now it even does not show in “usb info” but it shows in “usb tree”…

Right, but what are you powering the 'Bone with? I haven’t had any problems with the 'Bone, but with the Raspberry Pi lots of people have had problems when using a 700mA or even 1A supply. The problems most often show themselves with flakey support of USB peripherals. So it’s important to make sure enough power is getting to the board.

I did not get the meaning of “Bone with?”-- if you mean this as board then i am using a adapter suppling 5v and 2A (As per adapter specification).
I did not get the meaning of even "Raspberry Pi " and “flakey”…
can you suggest me how much supply shuld be used with current rating???

I even have “TI EVM” if you have any idea on it please suggest for same issue.

@+
Steve

Steve Mansfield-Devine
www.webvivant.com :: www.contrarisk.com
twitter: @webvivant @contrarisk
author of the novels: ‘Black Project’ : ‘Lady Caine’ - www.webvivantpress.com

Thanks & Regards
Atul Kumar