Upcoming ESC in Santa Clara Jul 20-22, other BBB users attending?

Are other folks on this list going to be at the conference next week? If so it might be fun to meet up over drinks and swap tall tales or whatever. I’m hoping to maybe see some of the Beagleboard team. ESC is a much smaller venue this year: Santa Clara vs San Jose convention centers. I’ll be there Tue and Wed. At the moment I just have an exhibits pass but someone from ESC called this AM trying to sell me on attending some sessions for $99 more so I may look at that (anything pertinent to BBB?). Just wondering…
Bruce

I'll be there. I'm even giving a teardown presentation for my Antique Podcast Player, which is built around a BBB. Wed Jul 22 at 10 am.

Are other folks on this list going to be at the conference next week? If so it might be fun to meet up over drinks and swap tall tales or whatever. I'm hoping to maybe see some of the Beagleboard team. ESC is a much smaller venue this year: Santa Clara vs San Jose convention centers. I'll be there Tue and Wed. At the moment I just have an exhibits pass but someone from ESC called this AM trying to sell me on attending some sessions for $99 more so I may look at that (anything pertinent to BBB?). Just wondering...

I'll be there. I'm even giving a teardown presentation for my Antique Podcast Player, which is built around a BBB. Wed Jul 22 at 10 am.

Can you register it on BeagleBone Black Project Spotlight: Shield I/O - BeagleBoard ?

Same goes for anyone with an interesting Beagle-related project.

I tried, but it doesn't like my Google OpenID. I get a page telling me your site doesn't speak the new OpenID protocol.

Did you just provide your google e-mail address or did you try to
provide a long openid? The openid protocol hasn't been updated on the
site for a couple years.

Just my Google email address. I couldn't figure out what the full URL was.

I actually don't see any way to log in if the site can't support the current Open ID. The other links don't seem to take me anywhere useful, including the registration links. They take me to a Wordpress site that offers to create a new blog for me. Clearly not what I want. Nothing on that page obviously leads to an Open ID URL.

I actually don't see any way to log in if the site can't support the current Open ID. The other links don't seem to take me anywhere useful, including the registration links. They take me to a Wordpress site that offers to create a new blog for me. Clearly not what I want. Nothing on that page obviously leads to an Open ID URL.

Typing in an e-mail address will attempt to use Google's OpenID
service. It works.

Wordpress is one of the few OpenID services I know for sure work with
just the URL and that anyone can sign up for. I was very disappointed
when myopenid closed down.

That's great, but like I said, nothing on the linked page is an OpenID. It's just a page to create a wordpress blog site, which I don't want to do. It recognizes me, but there's no "my account" link on that page that I can find.

After far too much googling, I found out that my OpenID is the URL of my Wordpress.com-hosted blog. I don't really like this, since I consider that a throwaway site and it's not a "maintained" identity. But I guess it'll do? It depends on how much of my identity comes from what's available at that URL.

Well, I did meet up with Rick Mann at ESC Santa Clara last year, and it was great to meet him and see his project. Hopefully his website will be back up soon to get some information about his BBB Podtique (http://blog.roderickmann.org/).

It was astonishing how small ESC was - about 1/10 the size of last year. It was not even in a convention center, just a smallish ballroom in a hotel. None of the major semi vendors were there (ST was the largest who was present). No one at ESC could explain why the huge shrinkage in one year. Emails to the ESC sales managers also have failed to illuminate.

Anyone know why ESC was so tiny this year?

Will TI and BBB be attending any trade shows this year?

Thanks
Bruce