update meta layers fail

Hi!

I've not been using Angstrom linux for a month and decided to compile
the fresh build using setup-scripts. As I had already the build 1
month old I just wanted to update scripts:

:~/OE/setup-scripts$ MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
Configured layers:

layer repository name: bitbake
layer uri: git://github.com/openembedded/bitbake.git
layer branch/revision: master/HEAD
Updating layer at layers/bitbake
Current branch master is up to date.

Layers present in repository:

layer repository name: meta-angstrom
layer uri: git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/meta-angstrom
layer branch/revision: master/HEAD
Updating layer at layers/meta-angstrom
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer

......
layer repository name: meta-ti
layer uri: git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/meta-texasinstruments
layer branch/revision: master/HEAD
Updating layer at layers/meta-ti
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer

So there are a number of such "Connection reset by peer". Is it OK to
build a kernel or something has to be fixed?

regards,
Max

The git repo url changed for a few layers, git pull inside your
setup-scripts directory to update them.
You might also have to go through the layers and update the git remote
urls yourself, I don't think the oebb script does it.

Thanks man!

Where can I get the correct urls? I tried to git clone setup-scripts but it did not change the situation. If I git clone a specific meta.git listed in layers.txt no error appears, but git pull --rebase gets stuck with futher error provided

Hi Maxim,

Thanks man!

Where can I get the correct urls? I tried to git clone setup-scripts but it
did not change the situation. If I git clone a specific meta.git listed in

that's expected, setup-scripts has updated repo URL but as you already
fetch them you are still using the old ones.

layers.txt no error appears, but git pull --rebase gets stuck with futher
error provided

the layer index is here :
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex

you will have to hand edit .git/config in each repo which fails
(located in the "sources" directory)

Eric

hi Eric!

I don't see that setup-scripts have updated urls. I clones
setup-scripts to a clean environment and ooeb simply produces errors.

Aren't these scripts intended to make life easier? Currently they give
pain, not relief

It seems something is wrong in your setup as it just works fine here :

$ git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
Cloning into 'setup-scripts'...
remote: Counting objects: 534, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (282/282), done.
remote: Total 534 (delta 227), reused 519 (delta 214)
Receiving objects: 100% (534/534), 71.74 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (227/227), done.
$ cd setup-scripts/
$ ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
.../...
$ ls sources/
bitbake meta-ettus meta-mono meta-openpandora
meta-xilinx layers.txt meta-handheld meta-mozilla
meta-opie openembedded-core meta-angstrom meta-intel
meta-nslu2 meta-smartphone meta-efikamx meta-java
meta-openembedded meta-ti
$ cat sources/layers.txt
# Name,repo-uri,branch,rev
bitbake,git://github.com/openembedded/bitbake.git,master,HEAD
meta-angstrom,git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/meta-angstrom,master,HEAD
meta-openembedded,git://github.com/openembedded/meta-oe.git,master,HEAD
meta-ti,git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-ti,master,HEAD
meta-ettus,git://github.com/balister/meta-ettus.git,master,HEAD
meta-efikamx,git://github.com/kraj/meta-efikamx.git,master,HEAD
meta-nslu2,git://github.com/kraj/meta-nslu2.git,master,HEAD
meta-smartphone,http://git.shr-project.org/repo/meta-smartphone.git,master,HEAD
meta-intel,git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-intel,master,HEAD
meta-xilinx,git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-xilinx,master,HEAD
meta-openpandora,git://github.com/openpandora/meta-openpandora.git,master,HEAD
meta-handheld,git://git.openembedded.org/meta-handheld,master,HEAD
meta-opie,git://github.com/bluelightning/meta-opie.git,master,HEAD
meta-java,git://github.com/woglinde/meta-java.git,master,HEAD
meta-mozilla,git://github.com/OSSystems/meta-mozilla.git,master,HEAD
meta-mono,git://github.com/KokoFitClub/meta-mono.git,master,HEAD
openembedded-core,git://github.com/openembedded/oe-core.git,master,HEAD

Eric

Eric,

please write here the output from your system:
1) uname -a
2) git version

I just repeat commands from your previous email and nothing changes for me :frowning:

I found the reason: first "rm -fr ~/.oe"
then everything works as expected