Updating Node.js on Angstrom Linux

Hi

I’m attempting to update Node.js on the latest distribution of Angstrom Linux, Cloud9 GNOME Image 2013.06.20. I’m trying to install from source, node-v0.10.13. I downloaded, and unpacked the archive and ran the first step and received this:

root@beaglebone:~/node_install/node-v0.10.13# ./configure

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “./configure”, line 14, in

from gyp.common import GetFlavor

File “./tools/gyp/pylib/gyp/init.py”, line 8, in

import gyp.input

File “./tools/gyp/pylib/gyp/input.py”, line 5, in

from compiler.ast import Const

ImportError: No module named compiler.ast

I’m assuming this is related to some python issue. My python version is:

root@beaglebone:~/node_install/node-v0.10.13# python -V

Python 2.7.3

Has anyone successfully upgraded Node.js on Angstrom Linux? Thanks for any advice.

I was able to clear up the above error by running,

opkg update

opkg install python-compiler

I had forgotten this step when I updated. However, still not able to successfully run the “make” step:

/usr/bin/python tools/gyp_node -f make

make -C out BUILDTYPE=Release V=1

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/root/node_install/node-v0.10.13/out’

make[1]: Warning: File `…/deps/openssl/openssl.gyp’ has modification time 426711353 s in the future

./tools/gyp_node -fmake --ignore-environment “–toplevel-dir=.” -I/home/root/node_install/node-v0.10.13/common.gypi -I/home/root/node_install/node-v0.10.13/config.gypi “–depth=.” “-Goutput_dir=/home/root/node_install/node-v0.10.13/out” “–generator-output=/home/root/node_install/node-v0.10.13/out” “-Dcomponent=static_library” “-Dlibrary=static_library” node.gyp

/bin/sh: ./tools/gyp_node: No such file or directory

make[1]: *** [Makefile] Error 127

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/root/node_install/node-v0.10.13/out’

make: *** [node] Error 2

the “/tools/gyp_node” is present in the unpacked directory, perhaps I’m not going about this the right way. Anyone run into this?