USB gadget mode still not working

This is really going to drive me insane.

I'm using 2.6.28-omap1 on the beagle, with host mode off and gadget mode on.. I plug in the beagle to my powered hub (which is plugged into my PC) and I get these errors:

usb 1-6.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 22
usb 1-6.1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-6.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 23
usb 1-6.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 24
usb 1-6.1: device not accepting address 24, error -71
usb 1-6.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 25
usb 1-6.1: device not accepting address 25, error -71
hub 1-6:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

Beagle says zilch in its dmesg. I have g_ether loaded on beagle just fine.

I'm also having problems getting the gadget mode usb ethernet working. It used to work with the kernel built by OpenEmbedded a few months ago, but the current one does not seem to do it. I think I recall reading here a while ago that the newer kernel configs in OE were forcing it to host mode, and looking at menuconfig seemed to confirm this (at least, to my still-limited understanding of configuration options).
So I enabled gadget mode instead, and then got a kernel that notified me about g_ether when I plugged in the USB connector, but then it immediately panicked.
I'm going to play with other kernel variants, like tmlind and sakoman, and hope to find one that I can make work for USB networking. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them.

Brett

I figured it out. usbnet module is required on the host, or the host won't know what to do with the Beagle when it's acting in "ethernet" mode.

I've had the best success with the OpenEmbedded 2.6.26 kernel.