USB host not detected on uImage 2.6.29r37/44

Hi!

I downloaded the modules and uimages available at http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/untested/ but I am having some troubles.

When I use uImage (and respective modules) versions - 2.6.29r37 and 2.6.29r44, the usb host is not detected at all. However, my webcam (uvc-based) works fine, and can be detected through the usb-otg port.
I tried with the older version (2.6.28r17), but had the exact opposite experience. The webcam refused to be detected (ie appear as /dev/video0), and all attempts to install the uvc drivers failed. But, the usb-host itself worked fine.

Is there some way (patch/etc) to get the usb-host to be detected on the uImage 2.6.29r37 and 2.6.29r44? Or are there some newer versions that make both available?

I want to get my webcam running, and ideally would like to do it on the usb-host itself (better speeds). Has anyone got it working on the beagleboard so far (on the usb host)? I use a revC board.

Thanks
Kedar

Update your u-boot to something in the 2009.05 range.

regards,

Koen

Hi Koen,

Will just taking the latest commit of the u-boot repository and building u-boot be sufficient?

Something like - (from Beagleboard:Main Page - eLinux.org )

git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git u-boot-main
cd u-boot-main
git checkout --track -b omap3 origin/master
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- mrproper
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- omap3_beagle_config
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

Regards,
Kedar

Op 21 okt 2009, om 10:51 heeft Mavinkurve, Kedar IN BLR SISL het volgende geschreven:

Hi Koen,

Will just taking the latest commit of the u-boot repository and building u-boot be sufficient?

No, for now just use the one from angstrom, that is know to be working well.

regards,

Koen