USB Mini-B or Mini-AB?

I believe the OTG port on the Beagle board has the USB-Mini-B form factor (as per the info of the cables being sold by SC). Can the document be edited to reflect this, instead of the two existing terms "OTG" and "Mini-AB" when referring to the port/cable. When in Radio Shack, today, I went around the shop looking for a USB-OTG cable but couldn't find any.

Also, I believe, I can use both the OTG port and the USB-A host simultaneously (OTG to connect to the host PC, for network, and USB-A to a hub to plug-in devices). Please correct me if I am wrong. I'll be trying this shortly and want to avoid any surprises.

Have fun

-Sri

Sun, 7 Feb 2010, SVedurumudi wrote:

I believe the OTG port on the Beagle board has the USB-Mini-B form factor (as per the info of the cables being sold by SC). Can the document be edited to reflect this, instead of the two existing terms "OTG" and "Mini-AB" when referring to the port/cable.

The OTG port on Beagle is Mini-AB. This means that you can connect either a Mini-A or Mini-B connector to the OTG port, depending on how are you planning to use that port. If you need to use the port as a host, then you should plug in a Mini-A cable. For slave mode you would plug in a Mini-B.

The Manual will stay as is.

Gerald