I recently bought a Beaglebone Black, with the LCD4 cape as I want to start learning about ARM development and embedded linux.
The board has worked for be flawlessly and I easily now have the board with Qt4-embedded running on the built in Angstrom distro. The videos by Derek Molloy were very helpfull, though they seem a bit out of date now.
Anyway over the last several weeks of weekends and some weekday nights, what has been causing me pain is trying to setup an anstrom sdk and cross-compiling toolchain, but I’m almost there, I just have a weird Qt linking issue.
As a background, I’m doing this all on a Debian Virtual machine because the Angstrom 2012.12 setup doesn’t work in my normal Fedora 19 (relies of some deprecated functionality that was removed in one program in F19).
To setup my tool chain I did these commands:
git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh config beaglebone MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh update MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel
MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake systemd-image
MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake meta-toolchain
Then I found out about meta-toolchain-qte, so I then ran:
MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake meta-toolchain-qte
Then I installed the SDK:
Installed into default place, but had some permissions issues so in
sudo chmod -R 777 oecore.i686
finally I’ve added this into my .bashrc:
Now for the test project, which is based on Derek’s video though slightly tweaked.
I’ve installed the Qt5.1.1 SDK and am using the QtCreator 2.8.1 from that, though using the 4.8.1 that comes with the sdk.
Here’s my .pro file: