is also silent.

TIA

David

David Goodenough <david.goodenough@linkchoose.co.uk> writes:

Recently I have seen various references on this list to the beaglebone-black,
which seems to be subtly different from a regular beaglebone. I have tried
asking Google, but the only references are back to this list. Beaglebone.org
is also silent.

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't answer that.

looks like it’s being worked on…

https://github.com/CircuitCo/BeagleBone-Black-RevA4/blob/master/BeagleBone_Black_SRM_A4.pdf

now that it’s been leaked when and where can they be bought?

You will just have to wait until it is ready! Announce and release date is targeted for end of April at Design West.

Stay tuned!

Gerald

You will just have to wait until it is ready! Announce and release date is targeted for end of April at Design West.

There is one other way to get your hands on one, but that is only if you can commit to some serious coding effort. One of the side-effects of this being a community project is that the community needs to be involved—and that means that people not necessarily doing development find out about it. If you think, however, that you have some code to contribute ahead of launch, please feel free to contact me. The list will remain short, but I’m sure I’ve missed some folks that can help us all out.

FWIW: There’s a misprint in the SRM, page 52 figure 31 (power jack is labelled as USB connector)

Having HDMI out will be nice - I just wish there was a TOSLINK optic fibre output. Oh well, can’t have everything.

– Alan

Thanks for the heads up on the SRM. Yes you can have everything, as long as everyone is willing to pay. Cost versus features is a wonderful world to live in!

Gerald

Gerald,

I’ve just read the full SRM - it’s a great step forward for the BeagleBone!

There are plenty of “cost reduction” phrases in the doc, however is possible to estimate preliminary if it really will be cheaper than the Bone? Because of absence of ftdi?

There is only audio playback without capturing - will it be sufficient for the most of users?

You write that DDR3 is faster than DDR2 at the Bone. Is it? Latencies are higher but frequencies aren’t

Отправлено с iPad

01.02.2013, в 17:01, Gerald Coley <gerald@beagleboard.org> написал(а):

Yes, it is cheaper than the BeagleBone. How much? Well, you will just need to wait until we release the rest of the news!

Cost was the key goal here. We lowered the cost, increased the processor speed, added HDMI, added eMMC and DDR3 and doubled the memory.

Adding audio record, well that adds cost. We have the audio cape so that can be used for that. Then again there is a lot of stuff we could have added, but it would have defeated our cost goals. And it would be a lot bigger than what it is now, breaking the BeagleBone compatibility. The board is really packed.

DDR3 will actually be run at a higher speed. We are tweaking that now. Power will be less, we are using DDR3L. And most important, cost is less and even at double the memory.

Gerald

FWIW: There’s a misprint in the SRM, page 52 figure 31 (power jack is labelled as USB connector)

Having HDMI out will be nice - I just wish there was a TOSLINK optic fibre output. Oh well, can’t have everything.

Given the HDMI output with audio, I’d think an external adapter to optical would be fairly simple to create.

A quick google search turns up one for a full-size HDMI connector: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882816044&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords--pla--HDMI+Cables-_-N82E16882816044&gclid=CLPOvoW7lbUCFcWPPAodBVYA6w

Uhh, that’s not an adapter. That’s a “combo pack” with two 6-ft cables (one HDMI, 1 TOSLINK).
But you’re right, there are options if you’re willing to spend, have more cables & a slightly messier layout:

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Switcher-Toslink-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B003L14WB8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

The “blinky LED” fits readily into a Bone. If anyone knows of some code to drive that LED - Toslink style - i’d love to hear about it.
But that would be another story, for another thread.

– Alan

4/23/2013

Gerald

That is the idea!

Gerald

It will be announced 4/23/2013.
We will be a full production the end of May.
We start shipping 4/19/2013, that is before the 4/23/2013 date,
First production run is 100,000 boards.

Gerald