where is capemgr?

After watching the great progress, I started in. I have the 3/19/2017 latest image with apt-get upgrades running on a Rev C BBB with a Rev C Robotics Cape. All in all, the process worked well. But I can’t find capemgr. I went looking for it because I want to access analog I/O and other stuff. Recent emails from here-ish say capemgr is supposed to be in /sys/devices/platform but not. To get analog I/O, I put “cape_enable=bone_capemgr.enable_partno=BB-ADC” in uEnv.txt, but no /sys/bus/iio.
some info
debian@sim15:~$ uname -a
Linux sim15 4.4.54-ti-r93 #1 SMP Fri Mar 17 13:08:22 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
debian@sim15:~$ cat /etc/dogtag
BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2017-03-19
debian@sim15:~$ systemctl status capemgr.service
● capemgr.service - Cape Manager Service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/capemgr.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Tue 2017-07-11 18:46:54 UTC; 32min ago
Process: 4598 ExecStart=/bin/sh /opt/scripts/boot/capemgr.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 4598 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Jul 11 18:46:53 sim15 systemd[1]: Starting Cape Manager Service…
Jul 11 18:46:54 sim15 systemd[1]: Started Cape Manager Service.

Ideas?
Clark
Clark Briggs
ATA Engineering

The BB + Robotic Cape boots a special device tree binary, thus capemgr
is disabled. the librobotic library expects this combination to have
things setup a certain way, as it utilzes /dev/mem to access the
gpio/adc/etc.

As I don't have that cape, and it's still not listed for sale, this
isn't going to change anytime soon.

Regards,

Robert,
Thanks.
I have spent a good bit of time with the robotics cape through working with James Strawson. He has constructed a very good set of aps and library for newbies to use. Those are his main constituents, IMHO.
I have been using his board without his code base with his help. He and I differ on certain value judgements, like using mmap for I/O access. So...
If I'm not using his libraries and want to start capemgr and manually export and use BBB I/O and robotics cape I/O, how to do that?
I tried using systemctl to start capemgr.service but don't see any results but don't know where its gripes would get posted.
Clark

Robert,
Thanks.
I have spent a good bit of time with the robotics cape through working with James Strawson. He has constructed a very good set of aps and library for newbies to use. Those are his main constituents, IMHO.
I have been using his board without his code base with his help. He and I differ on certain value judgements, like using mmap for I/O access. So...

Yeah, i'd like to rip all those mmap calls out of the library, and
just access them thru kernel userspace. :wink:

If I'm not using his libraries and want to start capemgr and manually export and use BBB I/O and robotics cape I/O, how to do that?
I tried using systemctl to start capemgr.service but don't see any results but don't know where its gripes would get posted.

It's not a service file, it's the device tree binary:

Change:

#include "am335x-bone-common-no-capemgr.dtsi"

to:

#include "am335x-bone-common.dtsi"

Regards,