Last time I built OE for the BBB, the recommendation was to use angstrom-v2012.12-yocto1.3 as angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4 didn’t compile. That was in August, now I see that there’s a angstrom-v2013.12-yocto1.5 in https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/meta-angstrom/blob/master/README
- Does this mean angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4 is now “stable” and I should be using this?
- What branch was the 2013.09.04 production release built with?
To answer my own query, I built both and they both work. So I guess angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4 is “newer”.
I’m currently building angstrom-v2012.12console-image using following commands:
- git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
- cd setup-scripts
- MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh config beaglebone
- MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh update
- . ~/.oe/environment-angstromv2012.12
- bitbake console-image
How does one use git to select angstrom-v2013.06. I would hope this later branch has USB driver fixes included (ie babble and hotplug).
It’s just a question of which branch you’re in, after step #2 in your list, do:
git checkout angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4
Then continue with step #3 onwards (step #5 will have a suffix of …2013.06 rather than 2012.12).
That seems to work. It will take a couple more hours to finish. Then we will start looking at exactly what has changed.
Step 5 had to be modified as the ~/.oe directory is no longer used. No big deal.