Which Image for Beaglebone black 4GB

I´ve had a hard time in installing new images on the beaglebone . Now i have managed to copy an image to the micros card (after i´ve bricked the beaglebone board, maybe because there are very different and contra dictional “tutorials” on the net), the BB is booting but then it is halting, saying that it can´t locate a devie (the micros card?), which leads me to the question, if there is an actual image for the BB 4GB. (I´m working under Mac OSX)

regards

At bootime, BB says “mmcblk1 unknown partition table”, regardless, if i boot th eubuntu oder debian image. (BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-14.04-console-2014-06-05-2gb.img.xz or BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.5-console-2014-06-05-2gb.img.xz)

1. “mmcblk1 unknown partition table”, regardless, if i boot th eubuntu oder debian image. (BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-14.04-console-2014-06-05-2gb.img.xz or BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.5-console-2014-06-05-2gb.img.xz)
  2. and: “Null device” gagdet not registered"

Does someone know, what this is trying to tell me?

regards

1. “mmcblk1 unknown partition table”, regardless, if i boot th eubuntu oder debian image. (BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-14.04-console-2014-06-05-2gb.img.xz or BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.5-console-2014-06-05-2gb.img.xz)
  2. and: “Null device” gagdet not registered"

Does someone know, what this is trying to tell me?

That it flashed the emmc and you need to take out the microsd card.

I´ve had a hard time in installing new images on the beaglebone . Now i have managed to copy an image to the micros card (after i´ve bricked the beaglebone board, maybe because there are very different and contra dictional “tutorials” on the net), the BB is booting but then it is halting, saying that it can´t locate a devie (the micros card?), which leads me to the question, if there is an actual image for the BB 4GB. (I´m working under Mac OSX)

Is your board really a beaglebone black? Or is it the white?

Hmm,

it seems, as if i am now the idiot…

Thank you!

btw.: does someone know a good site or tutorial in compiling and installing an own kernel on the beaglebone?

regards

Hmm,

it seems, as if i am now the idiot…

Thank you!

btw.: does someone know a good site or tutorial in compiling and installing an own kernel on the beaglebone?

http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black

Regards,