Why is eMMC disabled by default on BBGreen?

I keep forgetting to make sure I re-enable eMMC, and then get hosed when I reboot after installing a new kernel.

Is there a reason eMMC is disabled in these (I just tried 3.19.3)?

TIA,

It's eMMC "NOT" disabled by default:

"am335x-bonegreen.dtb"...

What version are you booting?

cat /boot/uEnv.txt | grep dtb

Regards,

Ah. I had that line commented out. The install fixes the uname_r= line, but I guess it doesn't adjust (or add) a dtb line. On top of that, looks like 3.19.3-bone4 doesn't install the am335x-bonegreen.dtb. Copying that file from 4.4.6 doesn't seem to be sufficient (it hangs at "Starting Kernel…").

Ah. I had that line commented out. The install fixes the uname_r= line,
but I guess it doesn't adjust (or add) a dtb line. On top of that, looks
like 3.19.3-bone4 doesn't install the am335x-bonegreen.dtb. Copying that
file from 4.4.6 doesn't seem to be sufficient (it hangs at "Starting
Kernel…").

Sorry, still haven't master my time machine..

3.19.3-bone4 -> Mar 27, 2015

Bone Green: -> May 15, 2015

While i did have a pre-production prototype, a few things where in flux, so
i had pushed basic support on: May 12, 2015:

So it was added in the am33x-v4.0 branch and the first tag with support
was: 4.0.2-bone2

Regards,

Ah, gotcha. I don't really know the dates of everything, and sorta thought there was still being work done on 3.x, and assumed that a recent 3.x would include support.

The problem is that audio is still broken in 4.4.6, and I can't get any help in fixing it. I also need pruss and capemgr, and all this is forcing me back down to 3.x. So I'm trying to narrow down the versions that work to try to ask for more help in getting to 4.4.6. Everything else seems to work well in 4.4.6, but I can't get my soundcard to appear (nor the AudioCape sound card). I think it's an ALSA config problem, but I need to get to a working state to try to figure out why.