WL1835MOD with Chip Antenna Watch

Hi,

Since circuitco has made the WL1835MOD with Chip Antenna in some limited quantities (and I was lucky to get an early one), and there is promise to add BB Black support for this cape at some undetermined date, and because the amount of information is still limited on the board itself, I want to add this ‘watch’ thread.

In the meant time I’m keeping an eye on TI’s WL18xx Wiki.

If anyone has information not available on the official sources, I think this would be a good place for that.

Sincerely,
Markus

Hi,

Since circuitco has made the WL1835MOD with Chip Antenna in some limited
quantities (and I was lucky to get an early one), and there is promise to
add BB Black support for this cape at some undetermined date, and because
the amount of information is still limited on the board itself, I want to
add this 'watch' thread.

So first with hardware, get to write the patch for it. :wink:

Hi,

Has anyone managed to receive a WL1835MOD cape recently? - I’m hoping to get my hands on one ASAP, but my order seems stalled…
Does anyone know when they start sending the capes?

Any info is much appreciated!

I want to use it with BBB (year, I know there isn’t support in official software).

/David

Hi David,

Best advice is to email their sales directly. They may do a special build for you, especially if they accepted your order already. This is what I had to do.

Thanks,
Markus

Hi Markus,
Thank you for your advice. I now hope to receive the cape mid-February.
/David

An automated TI forum email alerted me to this. Hopefully now the cape with work with the BBB, although I have yet to try this:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Using_the_WL18xx_Cape_with_BeagleBone_Black

Thanks,
Markus