The issue I found was that, when I tried to install the bone drivers made by
FTDI as it appears, the dpinst.exe (program running the install process of
the drivers) rejected the install quoting that my computer did not have
proper system language for installing this package.
For my case, the system computer language is French and cannot be changed
easily (this is not the language for the end user).
What I did was:
Visit the URL
spx and quote the language code adequate for my language/country combi.
Copy the two exe files within the Drivers\Windows directory to a safe place
on my local drive.
Use a file desarchiver (I personally used AltZip but I belive that 7zip
itself is a freeware to extract the content of the exe files in a relevant
directory on my local drive too.
Edit The dpinst.xml file and change the language_code (originally 0x0409) to
the figure quoted from the visit to the URL above.
Double click on the dpinst.exe icon. You would then get a mix of English
text and localized text from then in the dialog window popup.
But at the end, the drivers seem to be installed correctly on my system.
Hope This Helps As they Say,