Writing image to SD card corrupts the card

Hello,

I have been trying to write the image of bone-debian-9.1-lxqt-armhf-2017-08-31-4gb to SD card and it is successful as well but when I check the file system onto the card, it only shows FAT32 type and when I click the SD card, it is corrupted and says it again needs format.

Now I have previously worked on raspberry pi 3 as well and I am very much pretty sure about the process of un-archiving the XZ file to img file and then writing the images to SD card, but don’ t what is the problem with the Debian images.

I have tried loading the above images on 4 GB as well as 8 GB SD cards(Class 4 both) and in both the cards it gets corrupted.

On same 8 GB card I tried to write the Raspbian jessie image and it shows a well worked output of proper file system.

Also even after this much failure, with very little hope left I tried the flashing procedure onto the Beaglebone Black with the disk image of bone-debian-9.1-lxqt-armhf-2017-08-31-4gb written on the SD card.

I tried the same suggested procedure of holding the S2 button down and powering up the board but it seems to boot the normal preloaded OS only and just doesn’ t flash as per the LED sequence showing up.

I have used both WIN32Disk imager and Etcher for wrinting the images to SD card.

Windows is too stupid to recognize the other filesystem. Boot it in the beaglebone and you should be fine.

Andrew

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 01:34:48 -0700 (PDT),
kunnu051193@gmail.com declaimed the
following:

I have been trying to write the image of *bone-debian-9.1-lxqt-armhf-2017-08-31-4gb
* to SD card and it is successful as well but when I check the file system
onto the card, it only shows FAT32 type and when I click the SD card, it is
corrupted and says it again needs format.

What are you using to perform this "check the file system"?

Windows? Windows doesn't know anything about ext# filesystems and tends
to report anything containing such a format as invalid.

On same 8 GB card I tried to write the Raspbian jessie image and it shows a
well worked output of proper file system.

A pure Raspbian image, or a NOOBS image? NOOBS images start as FAT32
with a compressed Raspbian -- and converts the SD card during the
"installation" from the card (leaving a small FAT recovery partition which
Windows does see).

I tried the same suggested procedure of holding the S2 button down and
powering up the board but it seems to boot the normal preloaded OS only and
just doesn' t flash as per the LED sequence showing up.

Confusing -- do you mean the LED flashing, or flashing the eMMC from
the SD card? Most images these days do not automatically flash to eMMC --
they have to have a file edited first to turn them into flasher images.