Yocto build error

I’m trying to build an image and getting this error:

Log data follows:

DEBUG: Executing python function sstate_task_prefunc
DEBUG: Python function sstate_task_prefunc finished
DEBUG: Executing python function do_populate_sysroot
DEBUG: Executing shell function sysroot_stage_all
tar: --same-order option cannot be used with -c
Try ‘tar --help’ or ‘tar --usage’ for more information.
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
WARNING: /home/tcmichals/projects/demoBeagleBoard/yocto/beagle/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native/0.60-r0/temp/run.sysroot_stage_all.6849:1 exit 2 from
tar -xf - -C “$dest”
DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sysroot finished
ERROR: Function failed: sysroot_stage_all (log file is located at /home/tcmichals/projects/demoBeagleBoard/yocto/beagle/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native/0.60-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.6849)

I’m using the tar,b2 from https://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/bsps/dora15/beagleboard
host os is Ubuntu-14.04

any suggestions?

Hi, what Target are you trying to construct, as it seems to be you are trying to construct for the beagleboard, but what was your bitbake command.

First you probably want to clean the state of your build directory to make sure no garbage was left behind. Then if the problem persists it seems to be that the recipe is trying to untar an archive which is not in a tar format.

Could you provide more info

Regards
–Allan Granados

Hello,
Below steps works for me. It builds yocto binaries every time for beaglebone successfully.

This is for the beagleboard-xm

Please share what you are doing and how you do it. Also this file may have useful information:
/home/tcmichals/projects/demoBeagleBoard/yocto/beagle/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native/0.60-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot.6849

Regards
–Allan Granados