4.1 cape manager and disabling HDMI - how to check?

After a couple weeks messing with my bbgreen and attempting to follow (outdated) books and online tutorials I’ve finally settled on running debian jessie. I’ve gotten to the point where I can read ADC pins (thanks to the BB-ADC cape) and I’m trying to disable HDMI since the green doesn’t even have an HDMI connector (plus I don’t need sound for what I want to do).

I’ve used this line from uEnv to disable HDMI

##Beaglebone Black : HDMI (Audio/Video) disabled:
dtb=am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb

and also enabled BB-ADC

BB-ADC shows up in the SLOTS list and I can read the values no problem.

Nothing else shows up in the SLOTS list about HDMI and since I have no HDMI output on my green I can’t just plug in and see if HDMI is working or not.

dmesg | grep -i bone shows the ADC but I see nothing mentioning HDMI.

How can I check to see if HDMI is indeed disabled?

Bonus question - how to cut&paste between VNC and windows?

After a couple weeks messing with my bbgreen and attempting to follow (outdated) books and online tutorials I’ve finally settled on running debian jessie. I’ve gotten to the point where I can read ADC pins (thanks to the BB-ADC cape) and I’m trying to disable HDMI since the green doesn’t even have an HDMI connector (plus I don’t need sound for what I want to do).

I’ve used this line from uEnv to disable HDMI

#beaglebone Black : HDMI (Audio/Video) disabled:
dtb=am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb

and also enabled BB-ADC

BB-ADC shows up in the SLOTS list and I can read the values no problem.

Nothing else shows up in the SLOTS list about HDMI and since I have no HDMI output on my green I can’t just plug in and see if HDMI is working or not.

dmesg | grep -i bone shows the ADC but I see nothing mentioning HDMI.

How can I check to see if HDMI is indeed disabled?

cat /sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/44e10800.pinmux

You should not see any pins assigned under nxp_hdmi_bonelt_pins

Regards,
John

Awesome! Thank you. I had set up a $PINS variable according to the Exploring BB book but I guess filename have changed. I was pointing at “pins” rather than “pinmux-pins” any my list didn’t show any assignments at all.

I see nothing about HDMI so I guess the overlay works!

Merci!