Aardvark for JTAG debugging?

Hi All,

I seem to recall that the Aardvark I2C/SPI adapter could be configured for JTAG debugging with openocd by using the GPIO pins on the adapter. I’ve googled, but I couldn’t find anything relevant so I thought I would check in here to see if anyone knew anything about this or if I just imagined it.

Also, which JTAG probes are people using? What is a good probe to use with the BeaglePlay?

Thanks.

I want to ask the same question because now I have a BeaglePlay board and I want to use JTAG on it. I have Tag-connect cable. I use openocd. But I don’t know which adapter can be used for BeaglePlay board.
I asked J-Link (Segger), they told me the J-Link cannot support BeaglePlay now.
I also have Flyswatter2 and Aardvark I2C/SPI. I do not know if them works and what config file should I use for openocd.
Do I need buy the XDS110? at TMDSEMU110-U Debug probe | TI.com

I tried using an XDS110 and TagConnect with the BeaglePlay - with a custom adapter between the two. I managed to get TI’s Code Composer Studio to see the CC1352, but never got it to connect to the main AM62x. I also couldn’t connect to the BeagleConnect Freedom’s CC1352 either.

I would have ensured that Linux wasn’t running when trying to connect - as I’ve done with the BBB previously - but I must admit I didn’t pursue this much further. If there’s anything you’d like me to try then let me know.

Maybe the team that created the board could tell you what they used.