Activating and deactivating Frame Buffer planes in DSS2 enabled driver (V2.6.29-omap1)

Hi all,

Can somebody let me know how to activate and deactivate frame buffer planes in DSS2 enabled driver ?
Right Now I am using kernel version 2.6.29-omap1.(58cf2f1425abfd3a449f9fe985e48be2d2555022)
When I play any video file on /dev/fb1 I an just unable to see the video and also information on /dev/fb0.
But I am sure that it is playing videos as I have 2 proofs …

1. From logs
  2. I dumped /dev/fb1 in yuv files (some frames) while playing the video and before it.

I am able to see these frames from dumped files.
But not on Monitor screen.
I am using DVI @ 1280x720 resolution.
So please let me know a way to get this visible.

NOTE: I don’t have files for “framebuffers, overlays, managers and displays” inside sys/devices/platform/omapfb and which is correct as per my DSS2 version in kernel.

Let me reply to my own mail.
Just go and read DSS documentation that related to kernel getting used.
Doc path:- kernel_mother_dir/Documentation/arm/omap/DSS.

I found this documentation to be very useful and answers almost all questions related to frame buffer as well as display modes.

So I thought of replying my own mail and I think it will be useful to all others who are working with display related issues.

Thanks & regards,
Omkar

Op 26 jul 2009, om 19:07 heeft omkar Savagaonkar het volgende geschreven:

Let me reply to my own mail.
Just go and read DSS documentation that related to kernel getting used.
Doc path:- kernel_mother_dir/Documentation/arm/omap/DSS.

I found this documentation to be very useful and answers almost all questions related to frame buffer as well as display modes.

If you're running the angstrom unstable version you can do 'opkg install omap-dss-doc' to get that file in /boot along with a matching uImage. I'll have a look at backporting that feature to the stable branch later next month.

regards,

Koen