adding touchscreen qwerty keyboard display to Debian Linux desktop

Folks,
Just looking for two Debian Linux software suggestions.

I have a BBB, rev C, with a 7" touchscreen. I would like to skip using a USB mouse and USB keyboard. Not needed for using my BBB for stepper motor controlling and LED lighting arrays.

So not being familiar with Linux I’m hoping I could get some recommendations for some GUI software that would give me a qwerty touchscreen keyboard whenever I boot up my BBB.

Also looking for GUI software that would allow me to cut and paste simulated images of linear switches, gauges, voltage meters, etc. for touchscreen control of my stepper motors and LED arrays.

Very much appreciate any suggestions or recommendations that you can make.

regards,
William

Folks,

I have a BBB, rev C, with a 7" touchscreen. I would like to skip using a USB mouse and USB keyboard. Not needed for using my BBB for stepper motor controlling and LED lighting arrays.

So not being familiar with Linux I’m hoping I could get some recommendations for some GUI software that would give me a qwerty touchscreen keyboard whenever I boot up my BBB.

Also looking for GUI software that would allow me to cut and paste simulated images of linear switches, gauges, voltage meters, etc. for touchscreen control of my stepper motors and LED arrays.

Use Node.js with DojoToolkit

http://dojotoolkit.org/

Regards,
John

Folks,

Just to elaborate a little further, Node.js is used on the BBB as the server to read the measurements and then send those measurements to web browser using websockets. DojoToolkit is used to display the GUI widgets on the browser and connects to the websocket server when the page opens. The web browser can be on a remote computer or on your local LCD.

Regards,
John

Hello John,

Thank you for your advice and suggestion. Just downloaded the DojoToolkit.

regards,
William