am335x-boneblue.dts on Debian 11.x IoT issue - I'd like to contribute the fix

I’ve been trying to tame my Beaglebone Blue with the latest Debian 11.x IoT images for a personal project and believe I’ve spotted an issue with the device tree regarding the eqep0_pins pinmux here: src/arm/am335x-boneblue.dts · v5.10.x-ti-unified · BeagleBoard.org / BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees · GitLab

I believe on line 250 AM335X_PIN_MCASP0_AXR0 should be AM335X_PIN_MCASP0_ACLKR

I attempted to register in the BeagleBoard GitLab instance so I could submit a merge request but it requires administrator approval to activate the account in the first place. To be frank I’m not entirely sure I’m working with the correct branch but I’d love to contribute, if I can, while I mess around with my bone blue. So any pointers or guidance on the correct process would be greatly appreciated.

On the board itself I’ve edited the dts file then run:

make
sudo make install_arm

And all appears to be working as expected with the above change. Which is nice.

I don’t think this is the only issue, other things such as:

• power button not powering up/down the board
  • I2C1 is not mapped like it used to be - wasn’t sure if that was deliberate so you can add your own overlay for the device(s) you are using or just an omission
  • BT enable pin not configured correctly (not 100% sure if it is or not yet)

Anyway, if I can give back in some way I am more than happy to help.

Edit: GitLab account has been activated - awesome.

Hi @BarmyFluid nice find! Please fork the repo, and submit a merge request. Our current branch v5.10.x-ti-unified is for all devices today.

fork

Thanks for taking a look at the Blue, i’ve had bad luck releasing the smoke on that design i try not to touch it very often!

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks @RobertCNelson. Least I can do given most of the posts that have given me answers have your name all over them.

@RobertCNelson I’ve submitted the merge request and after realising it’ll need a runner I assigned the shared runner although the build step is failing.

Anything I need to do (or not do!) to move this along or is it just a case of wait and it’ll get picked up / actioned? Conscious of learning appropriate etiquette and becoming a burden rather than actually helping.