Here goes the 1st weeks update for Android-based Remote Display project:
- I’m done with integrating 3 modules together and tested all together in bone.
- Added some configuration settings in both driver and app so the user can optionally drop frames to speed up video play time.
- Did some experiments for comparing the transfer speed of bone and my laptop which shows we need at least 4x speed up in USB transfer for bone. Which means the compression times + transfer time should be 1/4th of the uncompressed transfer time.
- Redesigned input driver functions and data structures to pass more than one input event at a time. It is necessary for mouse drag drop feature and meta key(SHIFT, CTRL etc) functions and took care of those events from application side. So we can now use the android app as a fully functional mouse. Mouse single/double/right click, drag-drop are all in place.
- Audio driver can’t be unloaded without disconnecting from USB port
- Abrupt disconnection from USB causes framebuffer driver crash.
Also available here