Angstrom v2012-12 problem with ULCD7 BeagleBoard xM-C

I’m using systemd-gnome-image on angstrom-v2012.12-yocto1.3 (kernel 3.2.28) with the ULCD7 on a BeagleBoard xM-C. I do not have a uEnv.txt.

The system boots to the GNOME login screen, but the image is mirrored right-to-left and top to bottom, and the pointer is stuck near the bottom center of the screen.

Following http://omappedia.org/wiki/Bootargs_for_enabling_display#Mirrorring_and_Rotation_of_OMAPFB, running:

echo “1” > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mirror

produces:

omapdss DISPC error: FIFO UNDERFLOW on gfx, disabling the overlay

When I run “DISPLAY=:0 xinput_calibrator_once.sh” from the console, I can successfully touch the two points in the upper screen, but when one appears in the lower right the taps are recognized by the application does not move on. The pointer will not go below the upper 1/10th of the screen regardless of where I tap (it moves, but stays near the top center).

When I run “ts_calibrate” from the console, the application will not recognize the taps at all.

Several posts in this thread suggest verifying the EEPROM contents, but don’t include the link to how to do that or what the results should be. I couldn’t find anything relevant at the ULCD7 wiki; however the Angstrom-staging version 3.0.14 image on that page works.

Any recommendations to get the display and touch working on Angstrom-v2012.12?

Thanks.

This is due to a change in meta-ti that removed the LCD initialization code from u-boot. I’ve submitted a patch there; one fix is to make sure the tlc59108 driver (which does the initialization now) is linked into the kernel.

Peter

This is due to a change in meta-ti that removed the LCD initialization
code from u-boot. I've submitted a patch there; one fix is to make sure
the tlc59108 driver (which does the initialization now) is linked into the
kernel.

Peter

I'm using systemd-gnome-image on angstrom-v2012.12-yocto1.3 (kernel
3.2.28) with the ULCD7 on a BeagleBoard xM-C. I do not have a uEnv.txt.

The system boots to the GNOME login screen, but the image is mirrored
right-to-left and top to bottom, and the pointer is stuck near the bottom
center of the screen.

Following http://omappedia.org/wiki/**Bootargs_for_enabling_display#**
Mirrorring_and_Rotation_of_**OMAPFB<Analog | Embedded processing | Semiconductor company | TI.com,
running:

echo "1" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mirror

produces:

omapdss DISPC error: FIFO UNDERFLOW on gfx, disabling the overlay

Is it not possible to modprobe the tlc59108 driver ahead of issuing this
echo? What is the failure in that case?