Anyone interested in LEGO EV3? I'm trying to transplant EV3 system to Beaglebone Black.

As you can see, there are still some bugs in the system. After the main lms2012 program running for a while, it would appear a warning, and then quit. Now I’m designing the cape PCB board. It can provide the input and output capacity as same as EV3.

Brilliant!

Please register on http://beagleboard.org/project and let's also work
on getting a blog post up about this. I will contact you separately
for that.

Are the boards for sale? Is your firmware in a public repo?

Hi,

Are you still working on it?
If yes, any progress so far?

Jan

Yes, I’ve came to my hometown to hold a wedding ceremony last 2 weeks.
I’ve updated all the linux drivers to 1.06x. Now it works fine with the native labview language.
Now I’m making the smart UART sensor, I have already made a prototype. It can measure couple of analog channels and transmit the data throuth the uart. It means a huge kinds of arduino analog sensors can be used for ev3 now: ) And it’s very easy to develop any kind of new sensors.

在 2014年10月13日星期一UTC+8上午8时18分48秒,janszyma…@gmail.com写道:

Congratulations on your wedding, but once married will you have any time for the project?
Are you willing to share your work?

Regards
Jan

Of course I will continue working on this project. I’m developing a lot of new sensors now : )

After all these works done, I will put the source code to github. At present, all the code is a little messy and I don’t have time to clear up it.

Now I’m finding someone who has BBB and LEGO EV3 to help me test the EVB cape : )

在 2014年10月22日星期三UTC+8上午7时10分12秒,janszyma…@gmail.com写道:

Of course I will continue working on this project. I’m developing a lot of new sensors now : )

After all these works done, I will put the source code to github. At present, all the code is a little messy and I don’t have time to clear up it.

Now I’m finding someone who has BBB and LEGO EV3 to help me test the EVB cape : )

I think many of us have both.

Hi Jason, can you mail me your consignee detailed address and phone number? So I can send you a test version EVB cape.

By the way, I have built a website: www.fatcatlab.com, but there is no time for me to post some blogs on it right now.

在 2014年10月22日星期三UTC+8下午4时40分50秒,Jason Kridner写道:

Jason just sent me an EVB and I’m ready to play with it. Last night http://www.fatcatlab.com/242-2 pointed to setup instructions, but today I get a 404 error.

Where can I get the software for this?

My 15 year-old son has already build the Rubik’s cube solver and today I bought the cubes, now all I need is to get the EVB going.

Thanks…

–Mark

The content moved to http://fatcatlab.com/evb.

He’s also setup a purchase page now.

Found it. Thanks…

–Mark

Hi,

After placing the order online, there is no confirmation and no contact details listed on their website,
so I can check the status.
If anyone from Fatcatlab is reading this, please reply.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Your order have been packaged today and will be send out tomorrow, after that, I’ll send you the tracking number via email. In fact, you are my first customer after I set up the paypal gateway : ) Thank you so much!

Now this cape becames my side project, so I can not spent too much time on it. But I’ll continue to publish the schematic and source code on my website.

If you guys have any questions about this cape, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, my email address is fatcatlab42 AT gmail.com

Best
Andy

在 2015年6月5日星期五 UTC+8上午7:04:33,janszyma…@gmail.com写道:

Thanks Andy,

Good luck with everything.

Jan

Hey Andy,

We purchased a few EVB units and love them! We would really like to tweak the code to suit our purposes. I’ve been searching all over the net for the code, would it be possible for you to link me or maybe send me the source code for the EVB firmware? We are trying to do a program to teach children using this platform and are very stuck without your help.

Is there a link to get the source code and build instructions?

thank you,
-Alfred