Application that allows simulating multiple beaglebones virtually

I managed to create a project for my beaglebone to be like able to receive and sending messages from it and now I was thinking of expanding on it. However, it would involve getting another beaglebone to be able to test it in my expanded project.

So I was wondering is there a way maybe that I could test my project virtually where I just like add an exe file and let it simulate virtually instead of buying a another beaglebone?

That is your only sane option.

Remember the BeagleBone is just running Linux. So depending on your app, does the other end need to be BeagleBone, or generic Linux box (vm/etc)?

Regards,

Also is it possible to find one that has docker image which can sudo reboot?

@foxsquirrel and @RobertCNelson

thank you for the reply and you comments.

I found this application called Docker and was trying to test it but I can’t seem to get it to work well.

the image that I am using is

BeagleBone Image

do you how I can implement importing and running the docker image using beaglebone image?

If you are not using any of the BB peripherals it should be workable. If memory is correct you might be able to search this forum and find some container information. Your question has been asked by others, I believe it has been on here before so that would be a good starting point

If you are working with anything other than ethernet / usb for your outside connection it will not work. Just keep that in mind, none of the i2c/gpio/uarts/pru/capes are going to work.

Thank you for your reply, I will look into the forum to find any reference for docker. Well, I would be using the gpio for my project but I will for alternatives which will look into if signal been received at this pin, then display a message, etc…