[ArduPilot] BeagleBone Blue Unable to Connect for Debian Buster Updates

Hello @Redgar ,

I think all images support ArduPilot from what I can tell. Older kernels, newer kernels (4.19.x to 5.10.x) also support it, may fall victim to less support for now.

I think still getting you to access your WiFi may prove valuable…

Seth

P.S. This way, connecting to ArudCopter is simple and done, right? I saw here, BeagleBone Blue — Copter documentation , they actually use Bluetooth to connect which is something new that seems to conquer the WiFi connections but there is a program source to handle it.

On your computer, what OS are you using, and how did you configure it to route traffic to that usb port?

Regards,

In fact you are trying to use Internet sharing with Windows.

You SSH to the Beaglebone from Windows using IP address 192.168.7.2 ?

What you have done there is to set USB0 as your default gateway.

post-up route add default gw 192.168.7.1

This is telling the Beaglebone to route all traffic via 192.168.7.1 which is probably your Windows computer.

The problem now lies with Windows Internet Connection sharing and any firewalls/anti-virus software you have installed. You mentioned Avast.

I am surprised that DNS and ping seem to work OK from the Beaglebone.
The fact that the updates don’t work means something on your Windows computer is block access to port 80 from 192.168.7.2 to the Internet.

I am using Windows 11 (eww Ik) and I literally just plugged the board in, ssh 192.168.7.2 through the terminal, establish the key, and begin working with the board through the Windows terminal

You need to enable Windows ICS